This Aromatherapy School was founded in 1999 by Beverley Hawkins. The West Coast Institute of Aromatherapy, or WCIA makes it possible for many to realize their dream of becoming professional aromatherapists. For over 20 years thousands of satisfied students have successfully completed the Aromatherapy Certification Course 101. Many have chosen to coninute on with the Aromatherapy Certification Course 201 and become Professional Aromatherapists.
Read what some of they have to say about their experience with our aromatherapy school.
Beverley says: “I am blessed to have so many students with inquiring minds. Their questions prompt me to continually explore and expand my own knowledge around essential oils and other aromatics. One of the things I love about this field is that there is always something new to learn. It is a dynamic art, and never boring.”
Just as she continues to learn from interacting with her students, she is also continually learning from her hands-on interaction with her clients. Her years of hands-on clinical experience with clients ensures that her insights into the aromatics is continually deepening. She says “The more I work with the essential oils and my clients, the more I love them. It is wonderful to be able to see first hand the differences they make. I cherish all the opportunities I have to work with in this field.”
Essential oils are extremely versatile. We use them in many different ways, for many different purposes, from the esoteric through to the medical and everything in between. While the students and grads come from many different walks of life and backgrounds, they all love to work with essential oils. The success our graduates demonstrate in the real world is a wonderful advertisement for our Aromatherapy School.
What should an Aromatherapy School cover in the courses that they offer?
Here is the criteria Beverley uses in the creation of these Aromatherapy Courses.
- They should have a really solid foundation in the sciences.
- Essential oils are derived from plant material, so understanding botany, and methods of extraction, as well as the chemistry of the final product is important.
- Add to this a thorough knowledge of anatomy and physiology. Taking it a step further it is important to understand how the aromatics work in the different body systems. Knowing how they are metabolized is also a must.
- Coupled with this is the importance of essential oil safety and all that includes such as cautions, contraindications, dilution rates, methods of application and more.
- These days more research is being done on essential oils than in the past. being able to understand how to properly review this research is really important to know. This allows one to make sense of the information that is being presented. Tips on how to do your own research, and how to use research studies to justify claims should also be covered.
- But this is not all. We also believe that aromatherapy courses should honour the whole individual, the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual being that they are. We look at the whole person, not just their condition or symptoms. Only after this has been done do we proceed to formulate the blends and design the protocols. This will ensure that they truly meet the client’s needs.
As you work toward becoming an Aromatherapist, Beverley would love to guide and support you along your journey.
Because we know that working on your own can, at times, be a bit daunting, at WCIA help is always close at hand. Whether you pick up the phone, send an email, ask the question on the closed Facebook Group, or set up an appointment on Skype or Zoom, you will always get an answer to your questions and Beverley encourages all her students to ask as many questions as they need to. Additional support is also always available through the Student’s Corner and the closed Facebook Group.
Gives you a one page overview of how you can become an Aromatherapist through our Aromatherapy School.
There is a lot of good and interesting information shared here which might be very helpful. Especially if you are considering going to an Aromatherapy School and Becoming an Aromatherapist.
- What is Aromatherapy?
- Essential Oils, what you should really know about them.
- Holistic Blending
- Aromatherapy Business. In addition to Home Use, what sorts of businesses can be built around aromatherapy and the use of essential oils.
In January 2020, Beverley launched the Bev Hawkins Membership Club, another way she loves to share information about aromatherapy and the most effective ways to use these wonderful aromatics.