On Sunday the clocks will spring forward! Personally I find this more challenging than when the clocks fall back. What about you?
This morning I am preparing my Spring Forward Essential Oil Blends to have ready to go. I am also going over the strategies I know have worked for me in that past!
I am keeping the blends simple and only making up small amounts because in the past I have found that I didn’t need to use them for more than a day or so. They can be used in diffusers, misters, or applied in a personal roll-on. For myself I am making the Get Up and Go Blend in a mister. I’ll keep that next to my bed and spray it to help me wake up. I am adding the Early to Bed Blend (6 drops) to a 10 ml roller ball filled with jojoba or coconut oil. I’ll have this next to my bed too, so I can roll it on my upper chest if I can’t go to sleep. My Alert Blend will be ready to diffuse through the day when I find myself lagging. Remember that essential oils do not dissolve in water so add an equal number of drops of emulsifier to your essential oil blend, or if you don’t have an emulsifier add an equal number of drops of liquid soap to disperse the essential oil droplets through the water.
Get Up and Go Blend: 2 parts Grapefruit : 1 part Bergamot.
Alert Blend: 5 parts Rosemary : 1 part Peppermint
Early to Bed Blend: 5 parts Mandarin : 1 part Roman Chamomile
My Other Strategies :
- Make sure that you get to bed at a reasonable time – even if it feels a bit early.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Avoid stimulating activities before bedtime.
- Have a warm relaxing bath with essential oils like lavender, Roman chamomile, sweet marjoram, clary sage and mandarin.
- Create a spritzer blend with calming relaxing essential oils and spritz your sheets before getting into bed.
- Blend calming relaxing essential oils into a carrier oil and rub a little on your chest before going to bed.
- Having a shower in the morning is usually more invigorating than a bath. Add a couple of drops of more stimulating oils to the shower floor, and enjoy the aroma as you shower, rosemary, bergamot, grapefruit, peppermint, lemon and eucalyptus could all help to enliven and get one going.
- Have a personal inhaler made up with an invigorating blend that you can sniff as needed during the day. If you don’t have a personal inhaler simply put a drop or two on a tissue or cotton ball with work too!