The Aromatherapy Certification Course 201 and Aromatherapy Certification Course 101 completes your training as a Clinical Aromatherapist.
The Aromatherapy Certification Course 201 builds on the foundations laid down in the Aromatherapy Certification Course 101, which is why completion of this course is a prerequisite for moving on to this course. The concepts learned are expanded upon and new information is added to round out your knowledge. This course focuses on learning the skills required to create effective, unique blends and protocols for the challenges individual clients are dealing with. In addition to this, this course covers additional essential oil profiles and carriers, as well as anatomy & physiology and how essential oils work in each system.
Aromatherapy 201 consists of the Workbook with 40 lessons and 3 Course Books (1,224 pages)
These books are delivered as downloadable PDF files which, in addition to being viewed digitally, may be printed. The cost of this course is Canadian Dollars $555.00.
Covered in the Aromatherapy Certification Course 201
- An additional 60 essential oils in depth: Angelica (Angelica archangelica); Aniseed (Pimpinella anisum); Basil (Ocimum basilicum ct. linalool); Bay (Pimenta racemose); Benzoin (Styrax benzoin); Birch (Betula lenta) & Wintergreen (Gaultheria procumbens); Black Pepper (Piper nigrum); Cajuput (Melaleuca cajuputii); Caraway (Carum carvi); Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum); Carrot Seed (Daucus carota); Cedarwoods: Virginian (Juniperus virginiana), Texas (Juniperus ashei), Atlas ( Cedrus atlantica), Cinnamomum camphora: White camphor (Cinnamomum camphora); Ho Leaf (Cinnamomum camphora ct. linalool); Ravintsara (Cinnamomum camphora 1,8- cineole); Cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum); Cistus (Cistus ladanifer); Citronella (Cymbopogon nardus) (Cymbopogon winterianus); Clove (Syzygium aromaticum); Coriander (Coriandrum sativum); Cumin (Cuminum cyminum); Elemi (Canarium luzonicum); Fennel (Sweet) (Foeniculum vulgare var. dulce), Fir Needle (Abies alba) (Abies balsamea); Frankincense (Boswellia scara); Galbanum (Ferula gummosa); Helichrysum (Helichrysum italicum); Hyssop (Hyssopus officialis); Inula (Dittrichia graveolens); Jasmine (Jasmineum grandiflorum); Laurel (Laurus nobilis); Lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus) (Cymbopogon flexuosus); Litsea Cubeba (Litsea cubeba); Manuka (Leptospermum scoparium); Melissa (Melissa officinalis); Myrrh (Commiphora myrrha); Myrtle (Myrtus communis); Neroli (Citrus x aurantium); Niaouli (Melaleuca quinquinervia CT cineole); Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans); Palmarosa (Cymbopogon martini); Patchouli (Pogostemon cablin); Petitgrain (Citrus x aurantium); Scotch Pine (Pinus sylvestris); Ravensara (Cryptocarya agathopjylla); Rosalina (Melaleuca ericifoia); Rose (Rosa x damascene) (Rosa x centifolia); Rosewood (Aniba roseodora); Sage (Salvia officinalis); Sandalwood Oils (Santalum); Spikenard (Nardostachys jatamansi); Spruce (Picea mariana); St. John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum); Blue Tansy (Tanacetum annuum); Tarragon (Artemisia dracunculus); Thyme (Thymus vulgaris); Vetiver (Chrysopogon zizanioid); Yarrow (Achillea millefolium).
- An additional 21 carrier oils: Argan (Argania spinosa); Avocado Pear Oil (Persea americana); Black Cumin (Nigella sativa); Black current Seed (Ribes nigrum); Camellia (Camellia japonica); Corn Oil (Zea mays); Hazelnut Oil (Corylus avellana); Linseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum); Macadamia Oil (Macadamia integrifolia, M.ternifolia, M.tetraphylla); Meadowform (Limmanthes alba); Moringa (Moringa oleifera); Neem (Azadirachta indica); Pecan Oil (Carya illinoensis); Red Raspberry Seed (Rubus idaeus); Rosehip oil (Rosa rubiginosa); Safflower (Carthamus tinctorius); Sesame Oil (Sesamum indicum); Soyabean Oil (Glycine max); Sunflower Seed Oil (Helianthus annuus); Walnut (Juglans regalia); Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare). An additional 2 macerated oils: Arnica (Arnica montana), Carrot Oil (Daucus carota).
- Anatomy and Physiology. An important component of Aromatherapy 201 is the Anatomy and Physiology. Understanding how essential oils are taken up into the body and then affect the different body systems is the first step. Knowledge of different pathologies is fundamental in helping you make the right choices. Working from this solid knowledge base it is so much easier to create effective synergies and strategies.
- Consultations: The student is trained in taking client histories, doing client consultations and keeping client records. It is always important to be able to identify and assess the concerns before one can create the best strategy that fits both the client and their lifestyle, then be able to reassess and tweak if necessary.
- Business: As business is a part of interacting with clients, we also cover business set up and marketing in this course.
- Research: How to review Research Papers, as well as tips on how to do your own research, and how to use research studies to justify any claims you want to make.
The Workbook is divided up into 40 individual lessons and each lesson will guide the student on what to read and which essential oil to experience. Then they will be guided on how to complete the hands-on exercises and assignments. Finally, they are able to review what has been learned by working through the questions and answers at the end of each lesson. This also prepares them for the final exam.
Students will work through the course material at their own pace however, our experience has shown that having a timeline does help to keep students motivated and on track and the Timeline for Aromatherapy 201 is 18 months. Even while working at your own pace, provided the material is worked at consistently, it is certainly possible to complete the coursework and exam requirements in much less time and many students do. Please read the August 2021 Announcement for an update on the Timeline.
The Exam is a closed book 100 multiple choice question exam written in front of a Proctor. In addition, there are also the additional exam requirements of a Research Paper and Case Studies with 30 unique blends.
A Certificate recognizing the graduate as a Clinical Aromatherapist is issued on successful completion.