Aromatherapy 101 is the starting point. In Aromatherapy 101 we start at the beginning and systematically go through everything you need to know to safely and effectively use essential oils every day. You learn how essential oils can be used to enhance the health and happiness of yourself, your family and friends. If you only intend to use essential oils privately this may be the only course you ever need to take. On the other hand, if you are intending to incorporate them into a business venture, continuing on with the Aromatherapy 201 course may be appropriate.
Aromatherapy 101 consists of the Workbook with 20 lessons and 3 Course Books (745 pages).
These books are delivered as downloadable PDF files which, in addition to being viewed digitally, may be printed. The cost of this course is Canadian Dollars $555.00.
Covered in the Aromatherapy 101 Course:
- Introduction to the World of Aromatherapy and its History.
- Essential Oils, what they are, where they come from, how they are extracted, the factors affecting their quality and chemistry.
- Chemistry of essential oils, an introduction.
- Effective use of essential oils and the Safety Precautions to be aware of.
- Methods of Application, including the effective dilution ratios to use, what carriers to use and what method of blending is most appropriate for each application.
- Essential Oils: 30 essential oils covered in depth: Chamomiles: Chamomile, Roman (Chamaemelum nobile), German Chamomile (Matricaria recutita); Citrus Oils: Bergamot (Citrus bergamia), Grapefruit (Citrus x paradise), Lemon (Citrus x limon), Lime (Citrus x aurantifolia), Mandarin/Tangerine Citrus reticulate), Orange, Bitter and Sweet (Citrus aurantium var. Amara) (Citrus sinensis), Yuzu (Citrus junos); Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea); Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens); Eucalyptus Oils: Lemon (Corymbia citriodora); (Eucalyptus dives) (Eucalyptus globulus) (Eucalyptus radiate) (Eucalyptus smithii);Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens); Ginger (Zingiber officinale); Juniper Berry (Juniperus communis); Lavenders:Lavandin (Lavandula x intermedia), Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), Spike Lavender (Lavandula latifolia), Spanish Lavender (Lavandula stoechas); Marjoram (Sweet) (Origanum majorana); Mint oils: Peppermint (Mentha x piperita), Spearmint (Mentha spicata); Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis); Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia); Lemon scented Tea Tree (Leptospermum petersonii); Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata).
- Carriers Covered: 13 carrier oils: Sweet Almond Oil (Prunus amygdalus var. dulcis), Apricot Kernel Oil (Prunus armeniaca), Borage Oil (Borago officinalis), Canola Oil (Brassica napus), Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera L), Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera biennis), Grapeseed Oil (Vitis vinifera), Hemp Seed (Cannabis sativa), Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Kukui Nut Oil (Aleurites moluccans), Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Tamanu Oil (Calophyllum inophyllum); 2 Macerated Oils: Calendula Oil (Calendula officinalis), Hypericum – St. John’s Wort (Hypercium perforatum); 3 Butters: Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao); Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), Shea Butter (Vitellaria paradoxa); Clays; Gels; plus 20 Hydrosols.
- Blending, Therapeutic and Creative.
- Skin Care including an Aromatherapy Home Facial.
- Perfumes and Perfume Blending
- First Aid
- Making Products including Labeling, Good Manufacturing Practices, Pricing.
- Interaction with your Client, Simple Client Briefs.
- Recipes and Sample Blends.
As the essential oils and carriers are an aromatherapist’s ‘tools of trade’, you will need to have your own selection of supplies to get started with. It is not necessary for you to purchase ALL of the essential oils and carriers covered in the course, however as there are many experiential exercisers to help expand your understanding of the essential oils and carriers, the more you have, the more you can play with. To help you get started you will be able to download a list of Suppliers who offer our students a Student Discount, from the Student’s Corner.