How the Courses are Structured
- Each Aromatherapy course consists of three Course Books and one Workbook.
- Each lesson in the workbook follows the same format of Read, Experience, Activity, Test.
- Read the material as outlined in the lesson. Enjoy your personal experience with the essential oil or oils. Complete the activity designed for that lesson. Review what you have learned by taking the test.
- Each student works through the course material at their own pace and they will design their study schedule to suit their own needs. Each course has a generous timeline within which to complete the course, as experience has shown it helps to keep students motivated and on track.
- Although working on your own can be a bit daunting, at WCIA help is always close at hand. Whether you pick up the phone, send an email, ask the question on the closed Facebook Group, or set up an appointment on Skype or Zoom, Beverley is always happy to answer your questions and students are encouraged to ask all their questions as they come up along the way.
- Everything you need for your course is found in the three Course Books and Workbook and there is no need to purchase any additional text books.
- You will want to have some essential oils to work with, and I recommend that you start with at least 10 – 15 essential oils, a couple of carrier oils and some containers to blend the in. You can always add more as you work through the course.
Additional Support and Benefits
- The closed Facebook group is a great place to interact with others who are taking, or who have taken, the courses. It provides a relaxed environment in which to ask questions, share information and bounce ideas around in.
- The Student’s Corner is a valuable resource that is filled with lots of additional information.
- Other Student Benefits to be found in the Student’s Corner include:
- A full list of participating Essential Oil Suppliers, both in Canada and the USA, who sell to our students at a Student Discount.
- LabAroma’s chemistry based, aromatherapy focused, software tool is available to any of our Students who choose to take advantage of LabAroma’s special Student Discount by using WCIA’s unique code.
- 40 Direct Contact Hours. Working through the Direct Contact Study Guides is completely optional. The Direct Contact Study Guides are available for all Students to download and work through. Those who choose to complete the Questionnaires will have these additional Direct Contact hours recognized on their Official Transcripts. Additionally, anyone who has completed the Questionnaire is welcome to set up a one-on-one Zoom meeting with Beverley to discuss the topic in more detail.
Stay in Touch
Sign up today and receive your Free E-Book.
Tuition Tax Certificate
The West Coast Institute of Aromatherapy is a recognized Vocational School in Canada.
Students enrolled in an Aromatherapy Course will be issued a Tuition Tax Certificate yearly.
No GST will be charged on any of the Aromatherapy Courses, although it is due for Canadian Workshops.
Aromatherapy Associations in North America
BCAOA – British Columbia Alliance of Aromatherapy (Canada)
NAHA – National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (USA)
AIA – Alliance of International Aromatherapists (USA)
Graduates of Aromatherapy 201 are eligible to write :
CFA – Canadian Federation of Aromatherapists’ Entrance Exam
In the USA
ARC – Aromatherapy Registration Council’s Exam
When considering Nutmeg’s inner nature, I turn to a number of different resources to unravel some clues as to just what that might be. First looking at the plant we see that trees may be either male or female and that there are about ten times more female trees to male. Although it might be a bit of a stretch, I might consider adding nutmeg to a blend for someone who felt that they were outnumbered. Another clue to Nutmeg’s [...]