How the Courses are Structured
- Each Aromatherapy course consists of three Course Books and one Workbook.
- Each lesson in the workbook follows the same format of Read, Experience, Activity, Test.
- Read the material as outlined in the lesson. Enjoy your personal experience with the essential oil or oils. Complete the activity designed for that lesson. Review what you have learned by taking the test.
- Each student works through the course material at their own pace and they will design their study schedule to suit their own needs. Each course has a generous timeline within which to complete the course, as experience has shown it helps to keep students motivated and on track.
- Although working on your own can be a bit daunting, at WCIA help is always close at hand. Whether you pick up the phone, send an email, ask the question on the closed Facebook Group, or set up an appointment on Skype or Zoom, Beverley is always happy to answer your questions and students are encouraged to ask all their questions as they come up along the way.
- Everything you need for your course is found in the three Course Books and Workbook and there is no need to purchase any additional text books.
- You will want to have some essential oils to work with, and I recommend that you start with at least 10 – 15 essential oils, a couple of carrier oils and some containers to blend the in. You can always add more as you work through the course.
Additional Support and Benefits
- The closed Facebook group is a great place to interact with others who are taking, or who have taken, the courses. It provides a relaxed environment in which to ask questions, share information and bounce ideas around in.
- The Student’s Corner is a valuable resource that is filled with lots of additional information.
- Other Student Benefits to be found in the Student’s Corner include:
- A full list of participating Essential Oil Suppliers, both in Canada and the USA, who sell to our students at a Student Discount.
- LabAroma’s chemistry based, aromatherapy focused, software tool is available to any of our Students who choose to take advantage of LabAroma’s special Student Discount by using WCIA’s unique code.
- 40 Direct Contact Hours. Working through the Direct Contact Study Guides is completely optional. The Direct Contact Study Guides are available for all Students to download and work through. Those who choose to complete the Questionnaires will have these additional Direct Contact hours recognized on their Official Transcripts. Additionally, anyone who has completed the Questionnaire is welcome to set up a one-on-one Zoom meeting with Beverley to discuss the topic in more detail.
While I personally find Wheatgerm oil to be too thick and sticky to use as a carrier on its own, due to its high vitamin E content, adding it to other carriers will increase the antioxidant qualities of the final blend. Wheatgerm is an excellent addition to skin blends, particularly for dry skin. The articles in the Article Archives Skin Care, Hair Care and Foot Care might also be of interest. Wheatgerm (Triticum vulgare) Family: Graminae (Poaceae) Description: The grass [...]